It’s Fri-Yay! Good Friday, in particular. Maybe for you, that means a sacred day, a day off work, or business as usual. For us, it’s a lead-up to Easter (which, for the most part, is a celebration of spring around here and not a religious holiday). We thought it would be fun today to bring you a list of good things about this time of year!*
*If you’re wondering what could possibly be bad about Spring, I present to you my friends Seasonal Allergies and Bugs, for starters*
1. Wardrobe updates. This is the time of year when it’s necessary and more comfortable to sport shorter hemlines and sleeves, airy fabrics, and (mostly if you’re Rhonda) brighter patterns. Who doesn’t love an excuse to go shopping?
2. Extended outdoors time. With more daylight, we are transitioning into a time where kids can just run out alllll the pent-up energy on into the evening. Parents everywhere, rejoice! Entertainment now becomes less digital and, more importantly, less your responsibility.
3. Skin that is no longer translucent. Now that people can be outside more frequently and for longer periods, the skin can gain a little color. We aren’t talking Tanorexia here, but just a natural flush to the skin. Amen.
4. Alll the blooming flowers. I just love seeing pretty flowers pop up randomly. Azaleas are one of my favorite to see come to life. These little pretties just consume and cover their bushes. How can you NOT smile when flowers start to bloom?
5. Sun dresses. Goodbye pants and winter tights. HELLO easy breasy sun dresses. Who doesn’t love the ease of throwing on one piece of clothing that makes you look put together and is incredibly cool and comfortable? We love them for ourselves and for our little girls.
6. Sandal Life. Searching around for matching pairs of socks is one of the biggest annoyances and bummers when you’re trying to get ready in the morning. Waking up on any given morning in the spring and knowing that the weather is going to be perfect for sandals is such a relief.
7. Beach Trips. Any trip to the beach is something that we definitely look forward to during Spring. Spontaneous weekday trips to the beach for Ashley. Planned beach trips to Orange Beach, AL for Rhonda. We love it all. Beach Please.
8. Light and Fresh Foods. While there’s never a bad time to eat a loaded-up salad or some grilled veggies, some of the healthiest and yummy foods are in heavy rotation for most people this time of year. Grilling a juicy steak or burger and pairing with some fresh fruits and vegetables? Don’t mind if we do!
9. Yes way, Rosè. Pink wine. We’re here for it and we don’t even care if it’s Basic and cliché. Sometimes, so are we.
What would make YOUR list?