I don’t know about you guys, but I am always always chasing volume when it comes to styling my hair. I’ve got super thin and fine hair that kind of just hangs there limply unless I do something to it.
My favorite thing to do to really pump some volume into my lifeless hair? Man. I love a good blowout. I give myself one after every time that I wash my hair. And let me just say, that after years of practice – I’ve gotten pretty good at it.
The thing is. I don’t wash my hair everyday. I typically wash my hair every 3-4 days. So. What do I do about getting some volume in my hair on those no wash days? Well. I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve, and I thought maybe you guys would be interested in hearing how to achieve that blow out look without the use of a blow dryer!
First things first? The hair that I’m talking about working on is day 2 or 3 after you’ve washed and blow dried your hair. I always use a heat protectant and some volumizing mousse when I am going from wet hair to blown out and dried hair. So just keep in mind that the look I achieve is with those products already in my hair.
Alright, so it’s day 2 or 3 after your wash and you need to kick up those roots and give your hair some oomph! Here’s the things you need:
- Brush all the tangles from your hair.
- Use your flat iron to smooth down your hair, curl under the ends, and remove any kinks left in your hair from a ponytail holder, headband, or just plain ole sleeping gymnastics.
- Lift and spray the roots of your hair with the dry shampoo. Allow the dry shampoo to set then flip your head over and use our fingertips to rub in/distribute the dry shampoo.
- Begin by grabbing a 1-2 inch section of hair. Brush the section then spray the section with the volumizing spray from root to tip (spraying along the underside of your hair section). Wrap the section of hair around a velcro curler. Repeat this step until the top two third sections of your hair are in curlers.
- Lightly spray over all your curlers with the hairspray.
- Continue on with your morning. Put your makeup on. Make and drink your coffee. Search for ten minutes before you find a matching pair of socks for your toddler’s outfit. Or just browse social media on your phone. Whatever you do – I’d let the curlers rest for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the curlers. Use your fingertips to rub and shake up your roots to pump your hair up even more. Like sky high. Because inevitably your hair will fall a little bit. Give your whole head a nice generous spray of the hairspray.
- Look in the mirror and be amazed at that fresh blow out look that you achieved without a blow dryer!
See the difference?? Obviously, I’d also done a full face of makeup between the before and after. That makes a huge difference too. 😉 LOL But seriously this method just really wakes up and gives some oomph to my flat bed head that I wake up with! 🙂
Also, I am on the hunt for some scentless volumizing spray and setting spray – do you guys have any suggestions? If so, please leave me a comment and I’ll for sure try them!