How has a year gone by since I got all emotional about Claudia turning three? Somehow, it flew by and here we are.
I won’t go through all the history behind Claudia’s existence, as I did that last year. Instead, let’s just look at who she is today.
- She could literally play Barbies all day, with her tablet acting as the big screen TV. Best of both worlds – screen time and imaginative play.
- She loves junk food and healthy food equally. Her ideal meal would probably be bacon, eggs, and pickles with a side of cupcake and sugary yogurt.
- She’s the sassiest. I know everyone calls their daughters sassy…but this girl is like nothing I have ever seen. She is always rolling her eyes, prancing with her hands on her hips, or flipping her hair. Her attitude scares me, but she got it from me so I choose to just believe it will cause her to be a strong woman someday – just like her mama.
- She loves her brothers like crazy. I know, I know. All siblings love each other. But this girl loves to hang out with them and tell them all her secrets – and they do the same with her. I never knew siblings like this existed.
- She is incredibly social with NO anxiety at all. In that way, she is very different from me, and it’s a strength that I am so glad she has.
- Despite the fact that her father and I have intentionally raised all our kids to ignore gender roles and stereotypes and go their own way, she chooses the route of pink-and-purple-glitter-and-crushes-and-dresses-thank-you-very-much.
Her party was supposed to be this past Saturday, on her birthday, but due to all the sickness in our home, we had to push it back by a week. She is perfectly happy to drag her celebrations out, so no complaints from her! We spent her birthday doing mom and daughter stuff, running errands, and eating cupcakes. We will have a unicorn party in a few days to wrap up her celebration! I can’t imagine life without her and, in some ways, I celebrate her every day.